Monday 4 March 2013

Pesky Raccoon

We are still being plagued by the raccoon, it is steadfastly ignoring the nice trap that was set up around the front of the house on Friday but still playing in the loft.  Last night we had another inch of snow so this morning I went tracking again to try to determine whether it is really smart and avoiding the sardines or has changed it's route to the roof.

I discovered that at some time after 7pm it moseyed onto the property at the back of the house, popped up to have a quick look in the loft (I think) checked out the bird feeders then strolled off next door without going around the front at all.  Here is some of the evidence.


So this afternoon after school Jacob, Rose and I laid a Hansel and Gretel style trail of Rolos (I have it from a reliable source that these are very good for raccoon trapping) to lure it back round the front.  I strongly suspect that they will be eaten by squirrels or birds long before nightfall and I will have to do it again under cover of darkness.  Here are my little helpers.


appropriately hatted I think
Maybe I was a little rash in thinking that I'd make a great pioneer, there's no point in tracking a raccoon if you can't catch the little blighter and Tom would be a laughing stock without a fur hat.  Also I think I'd be no good to anyone in corsets and hoop skirts, although I think most people only owned one outfit so thanks to my feckless shopping I've got that one covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment