Sunday 10 March 2013

Eyes and Pies

Three relatively good nights sleep and my eye is only occasionally twitching.  I was beginning to think it was permanent, I'm glad it's not as I would be left with the choice of an eye patch like a pirate or Gabrielle, or being arrested for excessive flirting.

I believe (from MSN news) this past week was national pie week in the UK.  To join in we had chicken pie on Wednesday and this evening we had Chocolate Cream Pie, I made it to a Martha Stewart recipe and I strongly urge you to try it.  The chocolate custard filling was one of the most satisfying textures of anything I have ever made or eaten, I could have bathed in it or used it as skin cream, Rose pretty much did.  Here is Jacob with what remained after dinner.


I will try to do some vaguely interesting blogging this week as it is March Break so the children are not in school and I have a whole bunch of exciting activities lined up for them.  Gary has very thoughtfully offered to babysit on Saturday while Tom and I have a meal, specifically because he says I'll be knackered after a week of full-on children, how right he is.  I wonder if I could negotiate (with the rest of the pie) for him to look after Tom as well and I'll go for a hot stone massage and a manicure.

Recently Rose has got into dressing up in my clothes, here she is showing me how to style last fall's crepe heel knee boots for a fresh spring look.
notice the pout and the wings, not sure I can pull off either 

No comments:

Post a Comment