Monday 30 July 2012

Trouser lengths for ladies

As a change of scenery we went to the splash pad in down town Grand Bend this morning.  Down by the beach there is a great area for the kids, there are picnic tables and toilets and a really great splash pad and play area.  The only down side is that parking is $4/hour which is extortionate over here.  As I am a cruel parent and make my children work for their treats I park up near the school and we walk down to the front, a whole 10 minutes, the up side for them is we pass about 70 ice cream shops so invariably stop on the way back to the car for a snack.  Its a good way to soften the boredom of a trip to the supermarket on a hot morning.

fun at the splash pad

they're on there somewhere
On the way home I stopped at a ladies clothes shop called 'Merry Rags' to look for capri pants.  Everyone seems to wear them over here, I don't know whether its a Canadian style statement or its to do with full length trousers just being far too hot in the summer, but I felt like I ought to join in so off I went.

To be honest its not an item of clothing I ever really thought I would consider purchasing as anything that is neither shorts nor trousers gives me hideous flash backs to the 1980s and marroon, velvet pedal pushers.  You will be glad to hear that although they seemed to have pretty much every colour and length you can imagine they had no velvet with elasticated knees so I couldn't accidentally buy any.

After trying about 10 pairs on at high speed (the kids had opted to sit in the car with all the windows open and shout at the tops of their voices) I went for a black pair that are quite slim and end about 3 inches below my knees.  I think they look ok but it may take me a while to bond with them.  In fact I may have to go out and buy new shoes and a few tops to go with them - isn't it great when a quick shopping trip opens up so many more retail opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment