Monday 23 July 2012

Mini Golf and Jam

I have to say I'm surprised Jacob mentioned going out today at all, he didn't seem to enjoy it much.  You know when you get up in the morning and think "I know, I'll do something really nice with the kids and we'll have some lovely, cozy family fun" so you try but the ice cream is the wrong sort and the mini golf is 'ug' and Jacob becomes irate because Rose is 'cheating' and Rose announces as soon as you pay your money and set foot on the green that she is thirsty but you left the drinks in a cooler in the car, in the car park up the road.  Well.  It was one of those but here's a couple of golf pics anyway...



I must tell Jacob to stop resetting the date on the photos.

I consoled myself by making peach jam this afternoon, it was only 29 degrees in the kitchen so it seemed like a good idea.  I've been very excited to use my new jar you see.  I discovered to my amazement last week that President's Choice pasta sauce comes in a lovely 600ml mason jar, it even has measures embossed up the side, so I went to Home Hardware and further discovered that I could buy 12 lids for $4.  Wow.  I will be jamming and pickling like crazy now and the family will be eating a LOT of pasta sauce based meals so I've got another 11 jars for my lids!

No comments:

Post a Comment