Friday 19 April 2013

Penance for Past Wrongdoing

Here are the kids after school 'Oppan-ing Gangnam style' in the kitchen.


Oh how I loath that song, I'm sorry Psy but its been so long and it drives me mad.  I'm not sure what is worse, the crazy dance, the repetitive lyrics (because the kids only know the first 2 words of the chorus and sing them over and over again) or the way that they try to put on a Korean accent which sounds like they are choking on their own phlegm.

It's one of those times when I feel great empathy for the 'inexplicable' way that my parents got so cross during such stages as the 'Hold a Chicken in the Air' song and 'what's a matter you - Hey' which had no crazy dance but on reflection the accent must have been excruciatingly annoying when impersonated by Northern English children.  All I can say is I'm sorry, I feel like I have now done due penance (although I will probably have to do it again when the next thing comes along) and thank Heaven Psy's new song is not as catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment