Thursday 18 April 2013

If in Doubt, More Weather

Today was actually hot, properly hot, it was 24 degrees with a humid X of 28 and I was slightly uncomfortable in my usual uniform of jeans and hoodie.  It was warm enough that the painted turtles in the Old Ausauble channel thought it was summer and 9 of them were basking on logs when I passed on my walk this afternoon.

The temperature changed so rapidly today that I experienced a really weird condensation phenomenon in the car.  I drove out of the garage, stopped to close the door and the car steamed up.  So I tried to do my usual half baked job of clearing a space on the wind screen with an old Kleenex and got very confused because it made no difference.  I got out of the car and discovered that the condensation was on the outside and the car looked like a coke can when you take it out of the fridge on a hot day.  I can only assume that it was much hotter outside the garage than inside.

This lovely weather is not set to last, on Friday it is supposed to snow and on Saturday if the
Weather Network is correct it will be -2.  Won't get my shorts out yet I don't think.

No comments:

Post a Comment