Tuesday 20 October 2015

Snow, Politics and Tuesday

Blimey, considering the uneventful weekend there's a lot to get through today.

First, this is Sunday morning and yes, that is our first snowfall.  Not enough to play in yet but perhaps I should make sure our 7 snow shovels are all in working order.


Politics next.  Yesterday was a general election here, Rose is gutted that Tim Louis did not win in our area because she thought he was cute.  I'm having one of those 'age' moments as our new PM, Justin Trudeau, is the same age as me and although I'm sure he is ready I'm not sure I am.  I have got used to dentists and police officers being younger than me and I even came to terms with a juvenile Dr Who but this could be tricky.

Pub quiz fact... constituencies here are referred to as 'ridings' like in Yorkshire.  That seems rather quaint.  Did you know that the term 'ridings' actually comes from the Danish word 'Thriddings' which means a third and referred to the three areas of what is now Yorkshire.  Representatives from each Thridding were called to a 'thing' or parliament.  Scandinavians eh, Ikea, Lego, Minecraft, taking over the world by stealth, I suppose it's better than marauding and pillaging.

And so to Tuesday.  A bit more colour now, the snow might have helped.




No comments:

Post a Comment