Thursday 17 December 2015

Panettone - success!

I should not have doubted the awesome power of yeast.  This is what the potential panettone looked like when we got up this morning.


After we'd managed to knead it a bit and put it in makeshift mini moulds (various vegetable cans) things were looking hopeful.


And here is the finished, baked product, the big one...


Pretty spectacular eh! And here's Rose with little ones packed up for teachers.



I've got to say that I don't know whether I'll make it again until I own a free standing mixer with a dough hook but it's very, very good.  If you fancy a try I used a Paul Hollywood recipe from the bbc website, I researched it fairly extensively and this was by far the simplest recipe I could find.

Can't wait for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment