Wednesday 16 December 2015

Panettone - maybe

Today I started my advanced Christmas cooking with traditional braised red cabbage.  Bizarrely I think it might be my favourite festive food, for the most part because it is delicious but not least because you can make a ton, freeze it and heat it up in a sauce pan in 5 minutes.  Hurray for Delia Smith!  Anyway, the aroma of nutmeg and cloves permeating the house (and the kids moaning about the disgusting smell) says Christmas to me.

The kids and I also began trying out a panettone recipe for teachers gifts.  It is possible we bit off more than we could chew with this one and I doubt that even the magic of yeast will transform the awful mess that is currently in the fridge into a workable dough.

Jacob really enjoyed getting his hands in (I made him wash them about 4 times, honest), here he is 'kneading' it.


Despite her normal preference for anything revolting or sticky Rose would have nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I have to leave it in the fridge overnight then try to knead it again so I'll update you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment