Saturday 5 July 2014

The Beach

Today was the first really warm day since we arrived so we went to the beach.  It was fabulous, I'm not sure I realised until we were there just how much I've missed the lake, the vastness of the place calms the mind and the gentle sound of waves breaking on the shore mostly blocks out the constant children noises that are otherwise fairly ceaseless in the holidays.

Forgive the rubbishness of my pictures but the sun was very bright so they are a result of pointing the camera in the general direction of the subject and hoping they were in shot.

This is Rose's new swimsuit, she's very proud of it.
After a bit of swimming the kids decided to roll in the sand then dig a big hole and fill it with sticks, I wonder sometimes if I have children or small dogs.
Rose's picnic gene kicked in, she gets that from me I think.
And to adjust the Rose bias a bit here's Jacob doing nothing in particular.


No comments:

Post a Comment