Friday 4 July 2014

Oh, Loads

Yesterday afternoon we visited with my friend from our old neighbourhood, great for me, not so interesting for you.  While we were there Rose got to see one of her favorite people from Grand Bend and here they are.  I think she was more impressed than he was but he's a lovely tolerant boy.
This afternoon while the men watched football the kids and I went on a magical tour of some of our old haunts in the Bend.  First we went to the splash pad but I left my camera in the car so no shots of that.  We called in at this playground, I think these creatures have been featured before.
On to Best's where they really do have the best ice creams in the area, bizarrely the kids chose flavours that matched their outfits, don't know if you can see that in the photo.  I wasn't going to be missed out and had homemade chocolate and raspberry, delicious.
Then we went off to feed the rabbits at Westland Greenhouses.  There weren't any teeny babies this time and we caused some sort of fracas over an empty ice cream cone but no bunnies were injured or children bitten so it all worked out ok.
 And finally we went back to the playing fields with 2 kites as Jacob decided it looked like fun after all, here he is just before he blew away.
Rose took a more laid back approach.
We still haven't made it to the beach properly but this afternoon was a lot of fun, I always feel a sense of achievement when I succeed in dragging Jacob away from his screens and digital devices and make him have some good old fashioned fun in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment