Wednesday 14 August 2013

Treasure Hunting

I wasn't sure where to blog this so as treasure hunting was not in the activity list for this week I decided to ditch Camp Kirstin for a day and spend some time here.  It really feels like September in Grand Bend right now so this morning we took our sweaters and a packed lunch on a car-less adventure down to the beach for some "50 things" treasure hunting and ABSOLUTELY NO SWIMMING.

It was blowing a hoolie when we got there so we took shelter on a Pinery board walk while we ate lunch and waited for Jacob's earache to subside.
After lunch and a walk in the woods we spent about 5 minutes back on the beach looking for treasure, here they are and here it is, not sure we'll make our fortune doing this.

Then they got distracted by this neat den, very handily constructed next to a large and quite comfortable piece of driftwood so I could sit and gaze moodily out across the lake for an hour while Jacob and Rose ran about like loonies.

By the time we got home I think we'd walked about 4 miles, I'm cream crackered, I hope the kids are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment