Sunday 25 August 2013

Back to School Prep

Not much Camp Kirstin stuff has been happening over the past couple of days as I've been trying to get all our school stuff ready so we don't have to think about it next week.

On Thursday we went to Sarnia for clothes, shoes, stationary and non-leaking drink bottles (yeah right) and while we were there we went to see Smurfs 2.  It was a very productive day and we managed to get almost everything we need.  Here is Rose wearing just about all the new stuff she bought.
Don't let anyone tell you being a fashion princess is easy
On Friday we went to Exeter to try and get Jacob fitted for 'indoor' shoes (both the kids need to have a pair of shoes they keep at school, presumably to avoid snow boots being trampled throughout the place for 5 months in the winter), as usual we have had to order some extra narrow ones to avoid him having to wear girls shoes.

We also had a quick peek in the quilting shop where Jacob chose some fabric for a 'bone collecting' pencil case (I know that's a lame excuse for a visit and I didn't leave without a fat quarter or 2 for me), partly because he needs to take some of his own pencils etc to school but mainly because I'm always making stuff for Rose and it is his turn.  Yesterday morning I fashioned this.

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with it even if the subject matter is slightly bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment