Sunday 12 May 2013

A Week Away

Fancy that, no blogging all week.  This lapse is partly because the kids were in school all week so nothing much to report or photograph, but mostly due to Rose induced fatigue, she's either been up in the night or up and ready to go at 6am for about the last 4 months and I'm starting to flag.  Once a bad sleeper always a bad sleeper I suppose, it's playing havoc with my skin.

There were one or two highlights to the week.  Rose and I went shoe shopping, here are her new acquisitions (mine are, wait for it, grey).

The weather was glorious for the first half of the week so more summer clothes were also purchased.  Jacob got some too but his are currently screwed up in a heap of dirty socks and pants on his bedroom floor so no photos I'm afraid.


Now it feels like -1 but is supposed to be back up to 23 by Wednesday, I really can't get used to all these crazy extremes.

Also I knocked up a mini project and booked my machine quilting lesson for next Tuesday.  I made beach scene place-mats, yes I know that's odd but I needed something small made out of scraps.   I fear that no matter how lovely I make them, in no time at all they will be spattered in ketchup and spaghetti sauce and the serenity of the scene will be lost giving way to imaginary shark attacks and other gory beach tales at dinner time.  Never mind.  I'll blog them when they're fully finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment