Wednesday 2 January 2013

Wildlife News Flash

This morning I was dragged out to the club house to go sledging by the kids, it was -4 again but there was no wind and it wasn't snowing so I allowed myself to be coerced.  It's not so bad really, the worst part is actually walking there and all the shouting of 'stay at the edge of the road' and 'don't fall in the drifts' that seems to have to be done.  While the children are actually sledging all I have to do is stand around at the top of the hill and talk to other parents which is quite civilized.

Anyway, while they were all shouting and milling about this morning (children, not parents) a coyote ran past us up the centre of the frozen Old Ausauble Channel, bold as brass in broad daylight.  It gave me a bit of a tingle being that close to a proper wild creature but I'm glad it had the good taste to ignore the children.

Tom asked me if I got a photo but not only is my camera cheap but today it was also on the kitchen counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment