Friday 4 January 2013

Chilly Feet

Yesterday I spent another 2 hours standing about in freezing temperatures watching the children sledging.  My feet got quite cold with no snow boots as trainers really don't cut the mustard when the weather network says it feels like -11.  My feet were still tingling slightly when I went to bed last night so this morning I decreed a sledge free day and cleaned the bathrooms instead, the children were not impressed.

This evening I have ordered a couple of pairs of boots with thermal linings that withstand temperatures down to -40 so if any of them fit they should do the trick.  They look like Dad's rigger boots and will not look glamorous or dainty in a whopping size 10 but as the rest of me doesn't either I guess that's probably for the best.

I was going to put photos in today but blogger is not giving me the right upload button so I'm afraid you'll have to do without until tomorrow.  Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment