Tuesday 17 May 2016

Stripping

Over the last few days when the weather has regressed back to February I have started an upholstery project.  I've been looking for an ottoman for the living room in front of the new sofa but haven't found one I like for what I consider to be an affordable price.  Insert moan about the exorbitant price of plywood furniture here.

Last week I picked this up from the Salvation Army for 10 bucks.


In the darkness of the basement I don't think you can truly appreciate the delightful shade of forest/sludge green and delicate coating of cat hair.  Yuck.  Still, you've got to cut it some slack, the label on the inside says it's the same age as me and I feel a bit grimy and out of date too.

So I've spent a good few hours picking out 4000 or so staples that were holding it together and now it is stripped back to this.


This photo does double duty demonstrating the pot of rosemary and thyme that Rose and I planted up last week and the blossom on the mystery trees down the edges of the garden.

Anyway, back to the footstool, I will be covering it as soon as I've been to Len's Mills and spent a further $40 on all the bits and bobs.  I'm aiming for this as a finished piece http://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/pb-comfort-ottoman/ thus saving myself a ton of money.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! Can't wait to see the final product. Looking at the price online I don't blame you!

    ReplyDelete