Thursday 26 May 2016

Footstool Update

I've totally got out of the habit of blogging over the past couple of weeks so I'm afraid you've missed out on such exciting events as ripping out failing topiary and replanting the front flower bed, Jacob going to the open house at his new middle school and lots of other things so riveting I can't actually remember any of them.

So tonight should have been Kitchen Thursday (last Thursday was the middle school event) but Jacob isn't hungry so I'll post it tomorrow when he's eating it.  Instead you may have an update of the thifting footstool project.

I've now bought all the necessary materials and am almost finished.  First I covered it in a layer of quilt batting to smooth it out and cover up the corners.


Then I covered the whole lot in calico to tighten it up and make it more durable.


To be honest I think it's a bit loose but as it will have a removable cover it won't show and I can always redo it at a later date if necessary.

I have cover fabric purchased and mostly cut out and ready to go.  I'm hoping to get it finished tomorrow for a grand unveiling.

In the meantime here is what Rose did on on Sunday.



Needless to say, I was at home unaware that Tom was allowing my delicate little flower to haul herself about 30 feet up a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment