Sunday 3 May 2015

Waterfalls and Crazy Weather

Today the car thermometer read 30 degrees, how can that be when it snowed less than 2 weeks ago?  The worst thing about this time of year is how full the hall closet is, I have put the snow boots away but we still have winter coats, light coats, waterproofs, Wellies, trainers, sandals, umbrellas, hats and gloves and sun hats all out and available just in case.  I think this week I might actually be brave and put the proper winter stuff away.

We made the most of the nice weather by going to Ancaster to look at some waterfalls.  Tom and I thought that a stroll through the woods looking at scenic cascades was making the most of the weather but I fear the children did not agree.  Both objected to being outdoors and unfortunately neither of the falls we visited was loud enough to drown out the moaning.  Jacob retired to the basement as soon as we got home with some technology and hasn't been seen since, I wonder if he has some vampire genes and this is why he objects so vehemently to fresh air.

This is Sherman Falls



And this is Canterbury Falls.


The woods were lovely with lots of interesting spring wildflowers including these yellow ones which I think might be orchids.



No comments:

Post a Comment