Wednesday 8 April 2015

Signs of Spring #4

The kids had Easter Monday off school and my cheapskate mum activity was changing our library books (they really are hard done to aren't they).  As luck would have it when we arrived at the library there were some free spring activities on, I could have told the them that I knew all along and it was part of my plan but they know better by now so I didn't bother.

Activity number 1 was seed planting, I am counting this as a sign of spring despite the fact that if I put the diddy little pots outside they wouldn't last 5 minutes.  Here we have the activity in action.
I managed to get the pots home intact by wedging them in the bottom of the cooler with a handy 'How to do something technical with Android' library book and now they are residing on the kitchen window sill where hopefully I won't forget to water them.

Our other activity was making this rather fine artwork from screwed up tissue paper.  I say 'our' as it took all 3 of us to complete (or we might have been there til closing) but Rose was in charge and made all the important design decisions.
I'm not counting this as a sign of spring as we haven't even got grass growing yet, it'll be a long time before we have flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment