Saturday 10 May 2014

Mothers Day - Part One

I really hope there is a part two to this post as I am angling for a trip to see the bison herd at Mountsberg park this weekend so fingers crossed.

Mother's Day started early this year when the kids brought gifts and cards home from school on Thursday.
Not sure why Rose looks so terrified
Here is a close up of Jacob's.
I hope you can read it as it is the biggest load of insincerity I have ever read.  I think he meant the bit about me giving birth to him and that he's awesome but any truth ends (rather appropriately for Jacob) with the words 'Visual Basic'.  I asked him about the rest and he told me he was forced to write it, nice, I think with a little practice he could get a job with Halmark writing the sappy messages in greetings cards.

This is the front of Rose's card
Interestingly I am the smallest person in the family, a diminished little old lady already and she wrote inside that I'm 43, hmmm, I suppose it's the thought that counts.

Yesterday was a track B Friday (Rose was in school) so I took myself off into town for some Mother's Day me time.  I had a lovely wander around and bought myself a necklace, forgive the really bad photo, I clicked the photo enhance button but it failed to provide me with immaculate skin and a face lift on the photo or in real life.
This is the back so I felt like it was meant to be mine.
I also bought cake, a must for Mother's Day.  They were healthy cakes but so pretty I bought them anyway and as you can see the kids didn't seem to care



No comments:

Post a Comment