Tuesday 20 May 2014

If only I was organized/motivated

This is three posts in one really, one for each day of the long weekend, if I was organized/motivated I would have downloaded the pics and posted each night but I didn't so you'll just have to put up with a single rather lengthy one.

Somehow I managed to book Jacob in for a trial video game programming class at 9.30am on Saturday.  This shows my general level of ineptitude these days, 9.30 on Saturday morning is not good at the best of times but it had totally passed me by that it was the long weekend and we could have organized something exciting.  Oh well, I don't think Jacob could think of anything much more fascinating that 45 minutes spent building Pacman in visual basic so at least someone was happy.  The rest of the day was taken up with vigorous yard work, Gary did a cracking job on the lawn, here are the kids finishing off the raking.
It won't win any prizes but our neighbour told me that its the first time in 14 years that anyone has mowed it so I'm pretty pleased with the result.

On Sunday we went for a walk along part of the Bruce Trail that traverses the Niagara Escarpment, the sun was shining brightly when we set off but as you can see it didn't last.  The views out over the city to the lake were pretty incredible but my camera/photographic skills don't really do them any favours, I've put this one in for the outfit more than anything else.
Just so you know, the shorts have 'LOVE' emblazoned across the bum 
We stopped off for breakfast on the way home to warm up, I was immediately transported back to the Top Ten Cafe in Blackpool c.1980.
The sun was shining again on Monday so we decided to discover what free delights Burlington has to offer the discerning modern family of cheapskates.  First we went to Paletta Park on the water front, it was very pretty, the gardens were beginning to come out and the falling in and getting your feet wet opportunities were abundant.
 And sending them off like babes in the wood or little red riding hoods was so tempting but we didn't do it, besides, no self respecting coyote would go within a mile of that filthy, noisy pair.
We also visited the labyrinth in Central Park, it was remarkably relaxing to walk through and took a surprisingly long time, I wondered if we could have one of our own.  It would be satisfying to be able to answer the eternal question 'Can I go on the computer for a bit?' with 'Yes if you go and do the labyrinth 10 times first'

As the sun was still out when we returned home Jacob and Tom stayed in the house and Rose and I began planting up the pots I bought at at Canadian Hayes Garden Centre on Saturday.  They look a bit feeble right now but hopefully in a week or two they'll have filled out a bit.
And finally, (yes, wake up I haven't finished yet) here is a question for you... Why do we spend so much money on expensive toys?  Rose was moaning about being bored after dinner (we're still on Monday here) so I gave her a box of scraps from my quilting escapades and she a J spent the best part of an hour mucking about with them.
They built a train, it was very elaborate and quite neat, Jacob photographed it for posterity so when I have time I might applique some of the engines for them.  Here's a couple of my favorites.

Right, I'm done now.  Better hope next weekend is shorter or more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment