Wednesday 9 April 2014

Milton and Beyond

I am very confused about what is happening to time, I never seem to have enough to blog or actually do anything worth blogging about.  I thought about putting it down to having Rose back at home 2/3 days (neither of us is very happy about that one) but that didn't stop me all of last year.  I think I may just have lost my blogging mojo for the time being.

Anyway, none of us have had much energy after the prolonged stomach flu bout last week so we weren't up to much at the weekend but the sun was out, temperatures were at 10 degrees above (!!!) and I wanted to get out of the city for a few hours so we checked out Milton.  I'm not sure why but at the moment checking somewhere out invariably starts with the nearest all day breakfast place.  If you're ever in Milton there is a brilliant diner called Troys.  There is also a town hall disguised as a castle with a convenient playground in front.

As we were just underneath it we went up onto the escarpment for a walk.  The Niagara Escarpment is a big geological formation that starts in Watertown, New York and ends north west of Chicago in Illinois somewhere, shaping the great lakes basin and providing some little cliffs for The Niagara river to fall over on the way (Thanks Wikipedia), around here it provides good views out to Lake Ontario and Toronto.  You could see the Toronto skyline looking this way but my magic camera has disappeared it and inserted the back of someone's head.
Look, no snow!
We went for a nice walk through the woods, the car park was absolutely chokka but there was no one on the foot paths and plenty of sticks, even a couple of new staffs for Gandalf the Pink and her mate Saurob.
Also there was a massive fort, who makes these things?  Surely it can't be kids, mine get bored after they've balanced 2 sticks together.
So that was our weekend, hope you had a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment