Wednesday 2 April 2014

Another Family WIP

The last few days have been a complete wash out as the entire family has gone down with some sort of sick/flu bug variant.  First Rose on Saturday, then Jacob and I on Monday and this time Tom has not escaped and he went down with it last night, the only even vaguely good thing is that I am pretty much recovered so Tom and I didn't get it simultaneously.

So instead of blogging a lovely post of sick details I have put together some work in progress from the last week or two.

Jacob's class have been working with pretend money as some sort of math/business thing so he has been making lots of things out of paper and selling them at school.  All his products are very fiddly and I seem to have been spending a lot of time helping him cover bits of folded paper with parcel tape and carrying out other similarly 'useful' activities.  He is very pleased that he now has the most money of anyone in the class, although that's only after someone else's got confiscated when they were discovered selling photocopied buy-one-get-one-free pizza vouchers (how enterprising, tee hee).  Here is J with some of his wares.
Rose has been busy fixing bling to fairies.  These are supposed to be stuck onto windows but she said we shouldn't stick them to rented windows in case they didn't come off so we stuck them to an old picture frame with some rather fetching wrapping paper underneath.
I renovated the kitchen table top with chalk paint.  That was really good fun and there may be more posts about chalk paint in the future when I've covered the whole house in it.  The black leaf is the finished one on this picture, note the fantastically antiqued buts around the edge.
And finally, a couple of weeks ago I made a cushion to sent back to the UK for English Mother's Day, it's there now so I'm free to blog it.  I'm pleased with how it came out, the colours are a bit of a departure from anything I've done so far but I was feeling the (desperate) need for something fresh and spring-like.


No comments:

Post a Comment