Thursday 24 April 2014

A Technological Easter

When I first started blogging I set myself parameters for each post.  I decided that each one should be no more than 200 words long and contain a maximum of 2 pictures, thereby ensuring that they were not too long and boring to read and not too daunting to write.  That's all gone by the wayside hasn't it?  Well, I am reinstating the rules so this is the last long post for a while hopefully.

On Good Friday we tried and failed to go on an Easter Egg Hunt at a nearby conservation area, we were thwarted by queuing on a truly British scale.

So on Saturday, to avoid queues, I organised activities that no other Mum would be mean enough to put their children through on the long weekend.  First off we drove to Stoney Creek and had lunch in The Power House, a bar and restaurant in the building that provided power for the rail lines in the 1890s.  Outside was pretty cool but inside has been restored so it's like being in an old style saloon, my pictures are a bit dark but you get the idea.
No ladies of ill repute on the upper level, should have sent Rose up to do some high kicks but she was wearing a skort
Hope Jacob has not had one too many
Then we went to the Museum of Science and Technology in Hamilton, what a fab place, I'm afraid I was so excited about the amazing, shiny, absolutely humongous working beam engine that I forgot to take photos.  When we got outside I realized my mistake and took one picture from outside, I'm putting it in but it's not the same.
And to celebrate Easter I baked my own hot cross buns, delicious, Delia comes through again.

No comments:

Post a Comment