Monday 2 February 2015

It Snowed Again

As the title suggests this post is about further snowfall so if you find endless blogs about weather boring stop now.

First this is a picture of something I'd never experienced in the UK.  I took this photo from our deck last night without flash and it doesn't really show how bright it was.  Sometimes when we've had a good snowfall and there's a full moon its light enough to cast shadows which looks really weird.
It snowed all night and into this morning and this is the 'after' photo.
I think it's roughly 20 inches!  That's more snow than I've ever seen!!  It's taken 3 goes to dig both the cars free and now I'm waiting for the snowplow to go through so I can shovel the end of the driveway again or Tom and the Rav will end up stuck in a 3 foot snow bank on the way home.

Anyway, in the absence of a tape measure here are the children, included for scale purposes.
Rose is standing up
Here they are in the snow fort we dug out in the front garden, there is a road behind them, perhaps I should offer a prize for anyone who can spot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment