Friday 13 February 2015

Happy Valentines and an Anniversary

Oh dear, things are slipping already, only 2 posts in 2 weeks.  Not much to report this week as Jacob was under the weather at the weekend and Rose has been off school with a sore throat and a cute squeaky voice.  I think we're all pretty much ok now and this is a long weekend so maybe I'll have something to write about by the end of it.

For now this is an early valentines post.  Jacob has not sent a single Valentine since we arrived in Canada and has finally reached the age that the kids don't send them, although he still managed to receive 3.  Rose on the other hand sent 27 and here is her loot.
Also (fanfare here) it is 3 years ago today since we landed on Canadian Soil and what a time we've had.  The really exciting thing about this is that I can now apply for Canadian citizenship Eh! It's actually quite a weird idea having 2 nationalities and I really hope I don't fail the citizenship test on account of my accent, 39 years of Northern English isn't going anywhere I'm afraid.

Which brings me to 1 of my absolute favourite things about living here, they tell me I have a 'cute English accent'.  Any other English person who has heard me talk would understand why that makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment