Tuesday 19 August 2014

Shell Bay

This is something I thought I wouldn't do at the beginning but I'm going for a marathon 2/3 posts in one night because I've only just bothered to download a bunch of photos from the past couple of weeks.  Enthusiastic 2012 Kirstin wouldn't have done it but that was then!

So first off some photos of a really pretty little cove just in the edge of Oakville that we found the weekend before last.

Isn't it cute, it's right in the middle of an expensive suburb but obviously not visited too much as you can see by the empty beach.  The kids were up for some paddling but as I know what they're like and it would all too soon have deteriorated into "Oops, I fell all the way in so I may as well swim" I banned it.  I'm so mean.

As the post title suggests it's called Shell Bay which I rather romantically thought might be because of the shape of the cove and the fact that much of what looks like sand is half broken down shells.  However, I think Tom may be correct in surmising that it has more to do with the view out in the other direction.
This was not in use while we were there but we drove past on Sunday morning and an enormous tanker was docked and probably loading/unloading for the refinery not far inland from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment