Friday 1 August 2014

Coffee and Sundresses

Another week is nearly over, seemingly filled with nothing but very busy.  The kid's have both had play dates, the car had to go into the garage again, we spent another morning in Bronte Park and all the usual house stuff had to be done.  I have also been sewing and that's all I took photos of I'm afraid.

Last week when Rose and I were hanging out in rather pricey Oakville we came across some 'coffee cozies' designed to save you from using one of those cardboard sleeves every time you buy take out, they were $15.00 each! so I made my own for about 40c.  Here's Jacob modelling it.

Rose has a blue sundress we bought last year that she is very fond of and has worn until it is completely limp and way too small.  I had a go at copying it with some rather smashing fabric that she picked out a couple of months ago in a sale.

I'm pleased as it looks pretty much the same as the original although any details are lost on these pictures as the pattern is so busy.  It's turned out fairly big so I really hope she's still into the 'Little House on the Prairie' look next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment