Sunday 28 September 2014

A Little September Catch Up...

While it's still September.

Well long time no see, this could be a very poor month for blogging clocking up a mighty 2 posts (or is it 3?, must check and edit) and the only reason you're getting this one is because I've got Sunday night insomnia.  I'm not sure why I'm still afflicted by this as it's a good few years since I've had paid employment to get up for on Monday morning, old habits die hard I guess.

School is in full swing now and everyone has pretty much settled into the way of it again and I have 2 weekends to report so here goes.

The weekend before last (no idea what date that was) we visited Coronation Park in Oakville and I took some fabulous photos of the Toronto skyline from the waterfront.

What do you mean you can't see it? its obvious behind Jacob's right shoulder, and Rose found an unusually large stick insect on an unusually burled tree.
We've had fabulous weather over the past week with everyone back in t-shirts and shorts but the trees have decided that fall is on it's way and are starting to turn.  This afternoon we went to a big park on 16 Mile Creek to find some colour and I remembered to bring my camera (actually I forgot all about it until we arrived in the car park but my luck was in and I unearthed it in the bottom of my bag in amongst the broken hair clips, just-in-case sweets, tissues, shopping bags, plasters etc etc).

Perhaps I'll pop into Bronte Creek this week and see what our local ravine is looking like, maybe I could even attempt another Time Lapse Tuesday.  Possibly not, I seem to be a tad less organised this year (you may have noticed) as a result of which there are no photos of the sound and light installation we went to in Town last weekend or the trip we had to Grand Bend or the visit from our friends this weekend or anything else we've done recently.  C-, Kirstin shows promise in this subject but must stop mucking about and TRY HARDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment